Fun things to do in Long Island in summer 2019
The end of summer is right around the corner and for many families that means that the back-to-school season is coming up fast. The good news is there are a variety of ways to have one last hurrah or two before summer officially ends on September 23. That said, here are some of the many fun things to do in Long Island this summer 2019.
- Visit Lavender by the Bay in East Marion (about 1 hour 30 minutes from Seaford) and enjoy the incredible sights and smells as you stroll through a huge field of lavender. Then check out one of the many wineries in the area, including One Woman Wines and Vineyards, Sparkling Pointe, Croteaux Vineyards, Mudd’s Vineyard Ltd. And many others.
- Take a trip to Mattituck (1 hour and 11 minutes from Seaford) for a delicious cider donut at Harbes followed by a visit the Blue Sage Day Spa or the beautiful Mattatuck State Forest. Also worth checking out is Hallock State Park and the Mattituck State Tidal Wetlands. Whether you enjoy fishing, hiking or just kicking back and enjoying nature, this part of the state is a must-see.
For the adventure-seeker
- Rent a stand-up paddleboard, kayak or canoe and explore the many beautiful waterways around Long Island. Or hit the rock climbing wall at some of the area’s many gyms, including the Gravity Vault and the Island Rock gym. Or, check out Jones State Park where you can swim, walk along the beach and look for shells.
- Take a food truck adventure across the Seaford area looking for the best food. We are fortunate to have a variety of great food trucks in the area, including the Green Street Food Truck, Greek On the Go, New York Strip Catering, Mel’s Roadside Flavor Food Truck, Pies on Wheels, the Big Cheese and many more. Which one is your favorite?
Read More: Best dog parks near Massapequa, NY
- Summer isn’t complete without a perfect lobster roll. There’s just something very special about the delicate lobster meat and the soft, fluffy bun all wrapped up in a Connecticut-style bun. Follow that up with a trip to a local winery for an incredible wine tasting and your summer is complete.
What are your favorite ways to celebrate summer in Long Island? Let us know in the comments below. From all of us at Toyota of Massapequa, thank you for reading!