At the end of 2018, Toyota announced that it had very special plans for the Camry. Not only was a 2020 model in the works, but the Camry would be receiving the royal TRD treatment. This signature performance-minded styling, also referred to as Toyota Racing Development, has usually been applied to Toyota trucks and SUVs in the past. Essentially, TRD has usually given a particular Toyota model serious off-roading capability. But what does this mean for the 2020 Toyota Camry TRD and when does this new model come out?
What is the 2020 Toyota Camry TRD?
Car shoppers can expect the new Camry to start arriving in the Toyota of Massapequa showroom around fall 2019.
Toyota’s new TRD Camry gets a sporty new look with a variety of sleek interior and exterior details and performance-focused accessories. These include:
- Special interior upgrades, including red-colored stitching, a TRD shift knob and red-hued dashboard lighting.
- A standard 301-hp, 3.5-liter V6 engine
- New anti-roll front and rear bars for and increased resistance to body roll by 44 percent and 67 percent, respectfully.
- A stiffer body shell
- Two-toned exterior paint
- A track-tuned suspension with stiffer coil springs and TRD-specific shocks
- New, lighter (by 3.1 pounds) 19-inch, matte-black wheels
- A lower ride height by 0.6 inches thanks to the new suspension
- Red-painted brake calipers with 0.9-inch-larger brake rotors
- Aggressive exterior details, including black-colored winglets, a finned diffuser between the tailpipes and a rear spoiler.
Reserve your 2020 Toyota Camry TRD in Long Island, NY
Did you know the 2020 Toyota Avalon will also be receiving the TRD treatment of its own? That’s right! Speaking of which, are you interested in learning more about the new 2020 Toyota Camry TRD, 2020 Toyota Avalon TRD or simply want to make a reservation?
We invite you to contact us! Our award-winning team can answer any questions you might have and help you reserve your new Camry or Avalon TRD. Contact the Toyota of Massapequa team today! From all of us here, we look forward to speaking with you.